Care of Stainless Steel Sinks
An Acrysil Stainless Steel sink is a finely crafted fixture, comprised of the finest materials available. As a combination of thickness gauge for immense durability, corrosion resistance and rustproofing, our sinks are incomparable. Like most other fine products, they do require light maintenance to continue optimal performance.
If you ever see white calcification on your sink surface it is generally the result of minerals in your local water supply. It can be easily wiped away using the prescribed cleaning methods below.
Stainless steel sinks should be rinsed and dried after each use and wiped with a mild cleaner approximately once per week. We recommend Bio-Clean for cleaning all Acrysil products.
Simple ways to clean:
- Lightly rinse and wipe down your sink after use. Use dishtowel for maintaining your fixture. Leaving standing water in the sink can cause discoloration.
- Once each week, use a mild, bleach-free cleaner and a sponge to wipe your sink and remove any unseen buildup.
- For clean and sanitation purposes, we recommend regularly disinfecting your sink pre-packaged disinfectant wipes or other mild anti-bacterial solutions. Ensure that you thoroughly rinse your sink to alleviate any residue or buildup.
- Hard water can cause buildup that can break down the protective surface of your sink and cause rusting. Have your water quality checked occasionally.
Avoid Following Practice :
- Using metal scouring pads on your sink can not only cause rust and scratches, but can also lead to discoloring on your sink’s surface. Do not use metal scouring pads.
- Avoid placing a rubber mat on your sink bottom. It provides a perfect environment for cultivating harmful bacteria, which can not only instigate illness but can also tarnish your sink’s color and finish.
- Do not leave standing water in your sink, especially when it may contain strong staining pigments such as coffee or tea. Chlorine-based chemicals (such as bleach) should not be left in your sink, and should be heavily rinsed from the surface.
Acrysil Ceramic Sinks are extremely durable. They do however require a certain amount of maintenance to ensure their longevity.
At the end of heavy use, or on a daily basis, the sink should be wiped with a soapy sponge to remove any sort of chemical residues (e.g. toothpaste, mouth wash, etc.). For routine cleaning, nothing more is required than warm water and a mild detergent. While infrequent maintenance is required to protect and maintain the glossy finish of a ceramic sink, for the most part, the use of harsh chemicals is not required.
Simple way to keep your Ceramic Vessel Sink Clean:
- Lightly rinse and wipe down your sink after use.
- Once each week, use a mild cleaner and soft sponge to wipe your sink and remove any unseen buildup.
- To prevent any water spots from minerals in your water, wipe your sink with an absorbent towel or chamois once finished with cleaning/use.
Avoid Following Practice :
- Using metal scouring pads on your sink can not only cause chips and scratches, but can also lead to discoloring on your sink’s surface. Do not use metal scouring pads.
- Though ceramic sinks are incredibly strong, they can chip if struck with hard metal or other stone objects.
Your Acrysil product is designed for a long life of use with light maintenance. Basic cleaning involves wiping the faucet with hot water and then drying. Regular attention will prevent the buildup of stains and grime.
We do NOT recommend using any type of commercial household cleaner on our products. Variations in the chemical formulas of these products can make them harmful to your sink or faucet’s finish. We recommend Bio-Clean for cleaning all Plumbing fixtures and accessories.
We fully stand behind the integrity of its products. These recommended guidelines are meant to address the majority of maintenance concerns. Should you have further questions regarding the care of your Acrysil product, contact any Acrysil Authorized Dealer, or contact our Product Support Team directly at ###########.
Please follow the following steps to complete a proper installation:
- Ensure that you have located the installation instructions and if applicable, the templates, included in your product packaging.
- For further assistance please contact our Technical Support directly at ####### Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. IST or online via: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Clean Granite Kitchen Sink. See Video Below
COPYRIGHT © 2019 Acrysil Ltd. | All Rights Reserved.